Thursday, March 19, 2009

Email Archive - Subject Line: Chat in the ICU

Mar 19, 2009, 4:26:54 PM

to Prayers for Anderson
Hi all,

This afternoon, I was able to have a chat with my husband.  He's looking much better lately, talking more clearly, less swollen, and generally more alert.  He was vomiting nothing last night all night long and that has seemed to stop for now.  I went back to the hotel to take a shower and have a burger at the happy hour at the hotel.  Thursday's happy hour is burgers, chips, watermelon, and rice crispy treats.  They also have some wine and beer and other beverages.  I'm pretty impressed by the hotel and what they provide for their guests.

So despite being grumpy here and there, he seemed in better spirits when we were chatting.  I told him about all the people that were encouraging us through email and facebook.  I tried to say "hi" from all the people that told me to say hi to him.  I tried to tell him a little bit of what went on while he was in surgery. 

Some of the things that he told me while we were chatting really touched me and made me cry:
  • He prayed to God and thanked Him for bringing us to Texas, for Dr. Weinberg, and for his team.
  • He thanked God that the people in Texas (so far) have been really warm and friendly
  • He said that he's really thankful that my parents came.  He said that it meant so much to him that they took off work and came all the way here just to be with us.
  • [here's the big one] He said that he when he gets better, he wants to go on missions because God's given him a story to tell and he wants to tell everyone and he said that I should go with him if I wanted to.  He said he'd want to go to Taiwan.  He said that he'd want to host other missionaries who went there because they have a house there and it's free lodging for them.  Then he said that even if it's not Taiwan, he'd want to go anywhere in the world because he speaks the languages.  I said, "well what about Russia" and he said "doesn't matter, I'll learn a new language."  "just like that?"  "just like that."
I think God's truly working in Anderson's heart.  I honestly didn't know when he'd agree to getting baptized and he turned in his application last Sunday. Also, I really never thought that he'd want to go on missions.  He hasn't been very verbal about his faith and about what God's been doing in his life until pretty recently. 

On Wednesday, when we were waiting before the surgery... he told me that he misses his small group and that I should call them and talk to them... and then I reminded him that small groups was on Tuesday night and then he was kinda sad that he forgot that he could have called the night before.  Anyway, I'm really happy about how he's been blessed by the small group of men that meets at his house once a week.  I also never thought that he'd get into small groups because when he first started going to church he said that he didn't really like the guys at church and that they were weird and sheltered and he couldn't talk to them because he doesn't play video games or basketball.  I'm really glad that he's found Christian brothers to grow and live life with.

K.  I just thought I'd share from the fulness of my heart about how miraculously God has worked in my husband.  Praise Him. 

Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment