Monday, March 23, 2009

Email Archive - Subject Line: Possible Discharge and Anderson is Discharged!

 

Tiffany

<tiffany.g.ng@gmail.com>

Mar 23, 2009, 9:53:31 AM
to ipray4anderson
Hey all!

Anderson just had a session with the physical therapy and also talked with the neurosurgeon and they say that they're comfortable with us doing outpatient PT and could possibly be discharged tomorrow!

Anderson walked around the unit again and did some walking and sitting exercises today.  He looks pretty good to me, but he says that it's really hard.  I'm proud of him for trying and for being diligent about it.

I'll keep you all posted if we're confirmed for discharge tomorrow.  :)  I'm excited if we can go "home" but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too quickly before there's a discharge order.

<3, Tiff

Tiffany

<tiffany.g.ng@gmail.com>
Mar 24, 2009, 1:58:56 PM
to ipray4anderson
Hi all,

Thank you SO much for your prayers, encouragement, and support!  Anderson was discharged from the hospital earlier today!  The hospital was able to arrange for us to rent a wheelchair and we're starting PT/OT tomorrow afternoon at 1pm.  We're planning on staying in Texas for a month or so as he recovers and probably drive home when we're ready.

We're both pretty exhausted, but him more so than me.  Both of us were really excited about having some uninterrupted sleep finally. 

  • Family - My dad and brother are driving my car here (TX) from California today.  They might have left already, but I'm not sure.  Please be in prayer for their safety.
  • Strength - Pray for Anderson's strength to increase.  Hopefully the rest will help with that.
  • Headache - Anderson's not in any general pain, but he does experience some headaches when his head shakes and his head shakes whenever he's concentrating on something. Pray for the shaking to decrease.  
  • Rest - pray that he would not experience nausea or have to go to the bathroom excessively at night so that he would get good rest. 
  • Safety - pray for safety as he tries to get around now.  I'll be there for him whenever he needs to go anywhere, but also pray that I'll get good rest so I'll be alert and balanced as well.

We're looking fwd to seeing you all back home soon.  :)
Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment